INFORMATION FOR VENDORS
|General Info||Booth Prices||Instructions||Vendor Rules||Booth Options||Online Application|
24th ANNUAL ROLANDO STREET FAIR
The Rolando Community Council welcomes your participation in this year’s Rolando Street Fair. Those of you who participated previously know about the success of the event and we invite your continued participation.
The Street Fair will be held on Rolando Boulevard in the College area of San Diego, with an anticipated participation of 200 vendors, including a Kidz Zone, Beer Garden, and live entertainment at both the Main Stage and Community Stage.
We’ve sold out of many types of booths each of the past two years. Please apply early to secure your spot we anticipate sell out again in 2020.
HOW CAN YOU USE THE SPACE YOU RENT?
You can promote your organization, distribute literature and samples, and sell goods and services. In recent years we have seen a considerable variety of businesses oriented to the public. Recent vendors have included jewelry, books, arts, handcrafts, packaged cookies, churches, political parties, interest groups and candidates, government agencies, local clubs for hobbies and other interests, home improvement contractors, real estate agencies, and retailers of all kinds.
|LOCATION||4700-4800 Block Rolando Boulevard (near El Cajon Boulevard)
San Diego, CA 92115
|DATE AND TIME||Sunday, March 22, 2020
Fair Hours 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
See Instructions for Set-Up and Tear-Down Times
|10’ x 15’ Food Vendor||$300.00|
|10’ x 30’ Food Vendor||$545.00|
|10’ x 10’ Handcrafts (Handmade items by vendor only)||$100.00|
|10’ x 20’ Handcrafts (Handmade items by vendor only)||$180.00|
|10’ x 10’ Business or Commercial||$200.00|
|10’ x 20’ Business or Commercial||$360.00|
|10’ x 10’ Non-Profit (IRS Sec. 501(c) Corporation)Distribution of Information Only – NO SALES PERMITTED||$100.00|
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING A BOOTH
- Read Vendor Instructions carefully
- Determine whether you are a Food Vendor, Arts and Crafts Vendor, Business/Commercial Vendor, or Non-Profit Vendor (See Vendor Rules below)
- Determine if you would like to rent a canopy, table or electrical outlet.
- Fill out the application completely and correctly, and determine your fees.
- An invoice will be sent to you upon approval of your application.
If via mail, download the Vendor Application, send your completed application (including special documentation required by the application), payment and self-addressed stamped Business-sized (#10) envelope to:
Rolando Community Council
c/o Street Fair
P.O. Box 151163
San Diego, CA 92175
- Your complete application and payment must be received by March 1st, 2020. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED UNOPENED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We will send a confirmation email or letter once we receive your complete application, and payment.
- Booth numbers will be provided to vendors on the morning of the Fair.
- Vendor fees are non-refundable.
- RCC may reject any application for any reason.
- If your check is returned for insufficient funds, your application will be cancelled and you will be removed from the vendor list.
- Alcohol may not be used within your booth.
- You may not sell poppers, silly string, projectiles of any kind, or any weapons.
- Event will take place rain or shine. No refunds will be given.
BEFORE THE FAIR
- Your confirmation letter will provide set up time, specific directions to the Fair and instructions for unloading your vehicle. Please follow these instructions carefully.
- You may not deliver any materials before 6:30 a.m. on the day of the event.
- Construction and set-up must be completed by 9:00 a.m.
- Tables and canopies are not provided unless you have rented and paid for these items on your application. You may bring your own equipment.
DURING THE FAIR
- You may not bring any personal generators to the Fair. Generators that are brought into the Fair will be confiscated until the Fair is over. If you require electricity for your booth, you may purchase an electrical outlet to use during the Fair.
- All booths must remain in place and be occupied for the entire duration of the Fair.
- Booth displays and materials distributed must be judged appropriate by the Fair Committee and the RCC.
- You must conduct all activity within the confines of your booth. No materials, samples, literature or other material may be distributed in and around the entrances to the Fair.
- RCC is not responsible for theft or personal injury.
- Displays and signage may not extend beyond the front of the assigned booth space.
- Vendors deemed to be disturbing the peace of attendees or other vendors will be evicted without recourse.
AFTER THE FAIR
- Booth tear down and removal must be completed between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- You must remove all trash, liquids, equipment, property and materials from your booth space before you leave. Any property left on the fair site after 8:00 p.m. will be discarded and disposal fee charged to vendor.
- Applications from food vendors must include a copy of a Temporary Food Facility Permit from the San Diego County. For information on obtaining a temporary health permit, please call 619 338 2222. You may also obtain a permit here. Your application is not complete until we receive your permit, and you must bring your permit with you to the Street Fair. To avoid late fees on your permit, apply by March 1st!
- Please note fire safety regulations too by visiting: http://www.sandiego.gov/fire/pdf/portable.pdf
- If you own a restaurant, your current Operating License does not meet this requirement.
ARTS AND CRAFTS VENDORS
- You may apply for Handcrafts space only if you manufacture 100% of the items you sell. If you do not meet this requirement, you must pay for a Business/Commercial space.
- Please submit proof of your Non-Profit status with your application.
- You may distribute literature but may not sell any products or services.
If you need electricity during the fair, you must rent and pay for the use of an electrical outlet. Personally operated generators are NOT permitted and will be confiscated.
Tables and Canopies
A limited number of tables and canopies are available for rent. Please specify on your application if you need to rent either of these items.
If you are willing to share your 3 compartmental sink and give us a letter to share with the County, we will give you two spaces for the price of one. However, the letter must accompany your application to qualify for the discount.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
By submitting an application for booth space at the Rolando Street Fair, Vendor accepts full responsibility for all liability for damage to persons or property arising out of use and occupancy. Neither the City of San Diego, the County of San Diego, RCC, nor RCC’s agents or authorized representatives assume any responsibility for damage, loss or injury that may occur to the vendor, its employees, its agents or property by reason of its participation in the Fair.
If you have questions about the Street Fair, please contact us.
Important Links for Vendors
Sponsors and Sponsorship Opportunities
Interested in being a Sponsor of our Fair? View our 2020 Sponsorship Packet here.
Questions about sponsorship? Please email [email protected]