RCC Grant Agreement
Rolando Community Council (RCC) is charged by our bylaws to award grants to charitable nonprofit organizations which promote the general welfare of our neighborhood. All disbursements of the council, excluding fundraising and administrative expenses, are therefore made to exempt organizations that are qualified under Internal Revenue Code §501(c)(3).
We have a proud history of supporting organizations which make life in Rolando better. Over the past twelve years, RCC has awarded grants totaling nearly $90,000 to local organizations including Rolando Little League, the Ray and Joan KROC Center, Jewish Family Services (JFS) Senior Center, JFS Foodmobile Program, San Diego Center for the Blind, as well as programs which benefit Henry Clay Elementary School, College-Rolando Library, and local businesses through the College Area Business Improvement District. RCC is also a longtime supporter of College Area Taste, the College Neighborhoods Home Tour, and the annual Boulevard “Boo!” parade.
RCC Grant Application
If you are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and your work promotes the general welfare of Rolando’s residents, you are welcome to apply for a grant from Rolando Community Council. Please click the attachment above to view and print our grant application. Our award criteria can be found below. All successful grant recipients are required to sign a “grant agreement” which can be found near the top of this page. To be considered, send your fully-completed grant application to “Rolando Community Council/Grants” at P.O. Box 151163, San Diego, CA 92175. Please allow at least three months for RCC to respond to your request. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
To be selected as a grant recipient from RCC, applicants will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Your organization qualifies as exempt under Internal Revenue Code §501(c)(3)
- Your organization promotes the welfare of the Rolando community and its residents
- Your organization’s plan for use of the funds is sound, clear, and thorough
- Your organization has the capacity to successfully complete the project for which funds are sought
- Funding and budget issues for both RCC and requesting organization
- Private individuals and non-501(c)(3) organizations will not be considered